- Is your child's extreme sensitivity to things such as emotions, smells, noises, tastes, textures, schedule changes, etc. causing strain in the household?
- Does your child seem to be stubborn and argumentative to the extreme?
- Is your child intensely critical of self and/or others?
- Does your child's drive for perfection cause anger, freezing up on projects and/or depression?
- Have you noticed a significant change in your child's social behavior? Has your talkative, outgoing child suddenly become quiet and withdrawn? Is your normally quiet child having uncharacteristic outbursts?
- Does your child seem to have lost her love of life? Is he/she dropping out of activities she formerly enjoyed, avoiding friends, skipping school, or are her/his grades dropping? Do you suspect he/she may be depressed?
- Has there been a recent change in the family such as a death, divorce, move or change of schools that seems to be affecting your child more than you would expect?
I love to help Create Confident, Competent, Caring Families. I believe Successfor parents is to know that their children have enough self-esteem to trust and be able to live with their own decisions.
I provide consultation and therapy for individuals and families. I am “dedicated to fostering environments in which gifted adults and children, in all their diversity, understand and accept themselves and are understood, valued, nurtured, and emotionally supported…” (SENG publications: “Selecting a psychologist or psychiatrist for your gifted child.”) I can help you help your child maintain his/her strength of true individuality, while learning to function within society’s constraints. My overall goal, in working with families and individuals is to assist all people to Develop Positive Self-Esteem, Thrive And Utilize Their Talents.
View the contact us page to get in contact with Counselor for the Gifted and Talented, Connie Wax.
Read my story.